Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hope, Faith and Love....


I have fallen many times,
I have skinned my hands and my knees,
I have been kicked around from here to Timbuktu,
I have allowed people to bruise my soul black and blue.
My ego took too many beatings to count,
My pride suffered many a knocks,
My love and trust have been thrown back in my face,
My follies of the past still come to hound,
Regrets in my heart are many, and
My "being" is the proof of all the fire rings that I've had to jump through...
The burns hurt me and make me cry out...
But through it all I never let my spirit suffer a fatal blow.
I never quit, I never gave up,
I never surrendered to the forces that wanted me to break and disintegrate
Because against all those negative forces,
I had a force which beat them all...
My Faith that my God is with me,
My Faith that he would never forsake me,
My Faith that He might punish me, but would never stop Loving me...
My Hope that tomorrow would bring a new dawn, a dawn of victory and triumph which He helped me achieve.
His love egged me on to cross all the barriers,
Climb all the stiles,
He gave me the courage to break through the fences, and
Walk distant miles...
God tells me there are many more mountains to scale and many rivers to cross,
Many storms to weather and many hurts to endure,
But he promises me His love that knows no bounds...
He asks me to take another step into the unknown 'cause there lies my goal.

ਦੇਹ ਸਿਵਾ ਬਰੁ ਮੋਹਿ ਇਹੈ ਸੁਭ ਕਰਮਨ ਤੇ ਕਬਹੂੰ ਨ ਟਰੋਂ ॥
ਨ ਡਰੋਂ ਅਰਿ ਸੋ ਜਬ ਜਾਇ ਲਰੋਂ ਨਿਸਚੈ ਕਰਿ ਅਪੁਨੀ ਜੀਤ ਕਰੋਂ ॥
ਅਰੁ ਸਿਖ ਹੋਂ ਆਪਨੇ ਹੀ ਮਨ ਕੌ ਇਹ ਲਾਲਚ ਹਉ ਗੁਨ ਤਉ ਉਚਰੋਂ ॥
ਜਬ ਆਵ ਕੀ ਅਉਧ ਨਿਦਾਨ ਬਨੈ ਅਤਿ ਹੀ ਰਨ ਮੈ ਤਬ ਜੂਝ ਮਰੋਂ ॥੨੩੧॥ [1]

देह शिवा बर मोहे ईहे, शुभ कर्मन ते कभुं न टरूं
न डरौं अरि सौं जब जाय लड़ौं , निश्चय कर अपनी जीत करौं,
अरु सिख हों आपने ही मन कौ इह लालच हउ गुन तउ उचरों ,
जब आव की अउध निदान बनै अति ही रन मै तब जूझ मरों ॥२३१॥

Translation: O Lord grant me the boon, that I may never deviate from doing a good deed.
That I shall not fear when I go into combat. And with determination I may achieve victory.
That I may teach myself this greed alone, that is to learn only Thy praises.
And when the last days of my life come, I may die battling for what is right.
-- Guru Gobind Singh Ji

So all you flagging spirits out there, CHEER UP!!
Together with the Lord we'll take the bull by the horns
And win not just a battle but the entire war...
And the only weapon we need in our armory is Faith in His wisdom and belief in ourselves...
If you have it, then Just Roar Ahead!!!!! :)






1 comment:

Rashpreet Kaur said...

@Prabhjot: thanx bhai!! :)